Kale, a leafy green vegetable, has gained significant popularity in recent years due to its numerous health benefits.
- Vitamin A (Important for eye and bone health, and a strong immune system)
- Vitamin C (Aids in preventing colds and chronic disease)
- Vitamin K (Reduces blood clotting, and aids in bone building)
- Folate, a B vitamin that is key for brain development
- Alpha-linolenic acid is an omega-3 fatty acid. (Although the omega-3 is less than in fish, it is a way of getting healthy fat into your diet)
- Lutein and zeaxanthin (Nutrients that give kale its dark green colour) protect your eyes against macular degeneration and cataracts
- Minerals that include phosphorus, potassium, zinc, and calcium help to reduce cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and aid in weight loss.
Making this great snack is so EASY
Tear the kale leaves into bite size pieces, adding the flavoured sauce in preparation (remember they will shrink once dehydrated, so not too small)
Cut the washed stems and add the cheeze sauce. These are crunchy once dehydrated, but are SO good, the more of the kale that can be used, the better
Combine, ensure that everything is coated and ready to be dehydrated
Coat all the leaves and stems to ensure that everything has the same great taste from the delicious cheeze sauce, making every bite worth the wait.
Stack the leaves evenly on the dehydrator trays, try to not overlap too much as this will slow the drying process.
“Melt in your mouth” goodness you can enjoy at any time (and would want to….)
Store the cheezy kale chips in an airtight container. It can be kept fresh for a couple of months, but will never last long enough to find out how long ….(At least in my home….)