This fun chocolate frappe gives you a protein and energy boost and is a great pick me up.
Chocolate Almond Frappe
Icy chocolate almond frappe with coconut oil
- 1 ¼ Cup Milk Dairy or non-dairy milk (300ml)
- 3-4 Dates Medjool preferred - Pips removed
- 2-3 Tbsp Cocoa or raw cacao
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil Optional
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract or essence
- ¼ Cup Almonds Soak for 2 hours in hot water (30g)
- 10 Ice cubes Medium
- Combine all ingredients except the ice into the blender jug - liquids first and blend until smooth and combined.
- Add the ice and blend until the ice is broken up to create the frappe texture
When using the MiHealthmaker blender use the shake preset for the initial blend then blend on 5 for 5-10 seconds depending on the size of the ice cubes When using the Vitamix Explorian E320 blend starting on 1 and build to high for 90 seconds then add the ice and pulse on 4 until the desired consistency is obtained