Almost Instant Soup with a Power Blender
Looking for quick gourmet soup? The almost instant frozen green pea soup will fit the bill provided you have a power blender. I am fortunate to have both a Vitamix Explorian E320 and a MiHealthmaker blender in my kitchen and either will make this almost instant hot soup. Why almost instant? Well the nut sprinkles and the nut cream take just a little longer but make all the difference both visually and by taste. It is however a quick and easy green pea soup.
Green peas are actually not a vegetable, being part of the legume family meaning they are the seeds inside pods. Other legumes include beans, lentils and chickpeas. They are very high in nutrients and most people, especially kids love green peas.
This almost instant pea soup turns the peas into a beautiful green cream that makes an excellent first course. The added ingredients turn it into a gourmet starter.
Nutritional Value of almost instant pea soup
Green peas have exceptionally high protein content and are also rich in polyphenol antioxidants. In addition, 170 grams of peas offers an impressive array of nutrients.
- Calories: 62
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Vitamin A: 34% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 24% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 13% of the RDI
- Thiamine: 15% of the RDI
- Folate: 12% of the RDI
- Manganese: 11% of the RDI
- Iron: 7% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 6% of the RDI
Similarly Almonds contain over 20% protein and most of the fats in almonds are monounsaturated and therefore healthy. Almonds are also rich in vitamins and minerals, for instance: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin E and potassium
Fibre and the Gut
A key factor in creating and maintaining a healthy gut biome is high fibre foods. In fact, the high fibre content in green peas is a key benefit to this enjoyable legume. Protein works together with fibre to slow digestion down which promotes a feeling of fullness which makes them an excellent choice as a weight loss food.
This delicious almost instant pea soup other than a dinner starter can be flasked, hot or cold and taken out as an out of the house meal. A tasty carry-out meal will prevent you from grabbing some unhealthy take away which messes with your gut biome, feeling of satisfaction and weight control.
Almost Instant Frozen Green Pea Soup
- Vitamix or MiHealthmaker power blender
- A small flying pan - non stick is good!
- 900 g of frozen peas
- 500 ml of boiling water
- 20 ml of coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spicy Nut sprinkles
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 30 g almonds
- 60 g of blanched almonds
- 237 ml of hot water
- 1/2 clove of garlic
Spicy Nut sprinkles
- Add the ingredients listed to a small flying pan, heated over a low heat.Turn the heat to medium and roast the spices and nuts until they start to change colour. Shake the pan often and be very careful that the spices and nuts do not burn. as they will spoil your soup. Place this into a coffee grinder or pestle and mortar and create a spicy nutty topping. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add all the soup ingredients and blend until you have a hot smooth consistency. The Vitamix and the MiHealthmaker will heat up the soup through the power of the friction.
- Plate the soup, place a dollop of nut cream on the soup and sprinkle with the spicy nut sprinkles