Delicious Kombucha Tea
This Delicious Kombucha tea is refreshing and healthy. It is sweetened black tea that has been flavoured and fermented and is usually consumed for its health benefits.
- 1.5 litres of water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 bags black tea (such as Lipton or Trinco)
- 1 cup starter tea (from the last batch of kombucha made or store-bought)
- 1 scoby
- 1 cup chopped fruits (of your choice)
- 1 cup fruit juice
- 1-2 tbsp fresh mint
Delicious Kombucha Tea
- Fermentation pot
- Measuring cups
- Glass bottles for storing
- 1½ L Water
- ½ cup White sugar
- 4 bags Black tea ((such as Lipton or Trinco))
- 1 cup Starter Tea ((from the last batch of kombucha made or store-bought))
- 1 Scoby
- 1 cup Chopped fruits ((of your choice))
- 1 cup Fruit juice
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh mint
- Add your water to the pot and put it on the stove until it reaches boiling point.Remove the water from the stove and add sugar, stir until the sugar has dissolved completely.Drop the tea bags in the pot and let the mixture cool down completely.Once the mixture has completely cooled down, remove the tea bags and add your starter tea. The main purpose of the starter tea is to make the mixture acidic which speeds up the fermentation process and prevents nasty bacteria from invading your drink during the first few days offer mentation.Transfer the mixture into your fermentation pot/ fermentation jars and add your SCOBY. Cover the jars with a cheesecloth or fermentation jar if you are using a fermentation crockpot.
Ferment the mixture for 7 to 10 days, for the best results keep out of direct sunlight, ferment at room temperature, check the fermenting tea and the SCOBY regularly.
Your kombucha is ready when it reaches the perfect balance between sweet and tangy and the taste appeals to your taste buds.
Bottle the finished product, you can nowadd the optional flavourings to this mixture, leave for a day or 2 and thenstrain your tea. The remaining tea should be left at room temperature for giveor take 3 more days so it becomes just the right amount of fizzy. Refrigerate to slow down the fermentation process and drink as desired.
#Tip– Avoid major contact between metal and your kombucha during and after the fermentation, this affects the flavor of your brew and can weaken the scoby over time.