A green juice made with a power blender is quite a simple process. With the addition of a little water, all the vegetables and fruit can be finely blended in the power blender and then strained through a nut milk bag.
This green juice recipe was made with MiHealthmaker Power Blender. It is high in nutrients and offers additional optional spices and herbs to beef it up and offer more valuable nutrients that boost the immune system.
How does it compare to making a juice with an Oscar juicer?
Because the Oscar juicer is a cold-pressed juicer there is absolutely minimum oxidation to the juicer making the juice exceptionally high quality.
Making a juice in a blender does reduce the quality, but if you do not have a juicer this is certainly an excellent alternative that will still offer you a nutrient dense juice.
EQUIPMENT: MiHealthmaker Power Blender, Tamper, nutmilk Bag or fine mesh strainer, large jug or a bowl and a storage jug
YIELD: Approximately 1 litre (depending on the size of the produce)
- 1 medium sized lemon, peeled
- 1 large cucumber, roughly chopped
- Celery 5 stalks including leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 apples, (preferably the green Granny Smith) roughly chopped
- 1 Carrot, roughly chopped
- Spinach or kale 2 medium sized Swiss chard or kale leaves or a handful of baby spinach (slightly chopped)
- ½ C water
- ice, Optional
- Other optional ingredient: parsley, mint, coriander, ginger, chilli, turmeric
- Add all the ingredients in Selection 1, in the order listed, to the jug and attach the lid without the lid plug
- Have the tamper to hand
- Place the jug onto the motor base and set the blender speed 10
- Hold the handle of the jug with your left hand, press the On button
- Place the tamper through the hole in the lid and still holding the jug handle start pushing the produce down.
Keep lifting the tamper and pushing down at different angles until the mixture starts to circulate by itself
- Fit the lid plug
- When MiHealthmaker has completed the ‘Shake’ cycle remove the lid
- Place the nut milk bag or the strainer over the jug or bowl and pour the mixture into the bag. Squeeze out all the juice
- The process is complete when the pulp is quite dry
- Because the juice is oxidised by the action of the blender it is beneficial to drink the juice as soon as possible.
- Since the juice is slightly warm from the action of the blender you might like to add some ice when serving
- Alternative is to refrigerate for an hour and then serve
You can store this juice in the fridge but be aware that it will deteriorate so try to drink as soon as convenient
BENEFIT OF JUICE
Juice is like a super supplement that is absorbed immediately by the body since it is completely natural and the body, therefore, recognises the vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that assist in body repair
THE INGREDIENTS OF THIS JUICE
Each of the ingredients will be of great benefit to you.
These are some of the benefits and properties of GINGER
- Blood-sugar regulator
- Stimulates digestion
- Lowers blood pressure
- Has a positive effect on cholesterol levels
The amazing CUCUMBER
- So much more than just great for juicing
- Rehydrates the body and replenishes daily vitamins
- Skin and hair care
- Fights cancer
- Home care
- Relieves bad breath
- Hangover cure
- Weigh loss and digestion
- Controls diabetes and blood pressure and reduces cholesterol
For more information on these incredible uses and benefits of cucumbers read my blog post
Is CELERY the wonder food that we hear about?
Medical News Today reports the following beneficial impacts that celery has on the human body.
- Inflammation and allergies
- Neodegenerative diseases
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular health
For more information about how celery benefits these ailments and conditions: Medical News Today
CARROT juice has long been hailed as a health drink. Used extensively by the Gerson Cancer treatment diet. In this recipe, there is only one carrot that would have a marginal impact on your health as a stand-alone, but when combined with all the other nutrients on this juice it plays its part.
Healthline offers the following 8 reasons why you should add carrot juice to your diet.
- Increased metabolism
- Stronger vision
- Improved skin disorders
- Boosted immune system
- Reduced cancer risk
- Lowered cholesterol
- Healthier pregnancy
- Strengthened brain function
For more information about these benefits of carrot juice: Healthline
This well-researched article by Archita Monocha shows the 10 health benefits of spinach.
- Anti-Carcinogenic Properties
- Reduces Appetite And Increases Meal Satisfaction
- Boosts Memory
- Prevents Cardiovascular Diseases
- Prevents The Risk Of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Controls Diabetes
- Helps In The Prevention Of Adult Asthma
- Prevents Osteoporosis
- Regulates Hypothyroidism
- Can cure Arthritis
Details of her research can be found here: https://cashkaro.com/blog/health-benefits-of-spinach-spinach-juice/88279
Although I am not a proponent of consuming fruit juice on its own because of the high sugar content, an apple or two in a green juice is fine and increases the enjoyment factor which is sometimes as important as the content.
Information from Harvard T.H, Chan | School of Public Health states that APPLES impact positively in the following areas:
- Cardiovascular health
- Type 2 diabetes
- Weight control
For details on this report go to: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/apples/
LEMON juice is the magic potion when it comes to green juice. That green flavour that could make you not so fond of green juice will turn the juice into delight with the addition of lemon.
LEMON juice is given the heads up by the Cleveland Clinic. They state that lemon:
- Aids in digestion
- Helps you stay hydrated
- Weight-loss friendly
- Prevents oxidation
- Supplies a healthy dose of vitamin C
- Provides a potassium boost
- Helps prevent kidney stones
The additional optional extras in this juice being all or some parsley, mint, coriander, ginger, chilli, turmeric is mostly well known to be great immune boosters, some with anti-inflammatory agents and or just creating great flavour are excellent additions to any health-promoting green juice.
About MiHealthmaker power blender
This was personally selected by me from numerous blenders that I tested considering:
- Modern operation
Available on Colleen’s Healthbeat, if you use the code FROMCOLLEEN you will get a 5% discount on this already well-priced blender (this offer applies only if MiHealthmaker is not on special)
[tbay_instagram username=”colleens_healthbeat” size=”small” target=”_blank” rows=”1″ align=”center” style=”style1″]