Roasted Courgette and White Bean Dip
Plant-based foodies and meat lovers alike can greatly benefit from adding white beans to their diets. Beans and legumes are fruits or seeds of the Fabaceae plant family furthermore beans and legumes are widely consumed in all regions of the world.
This Roasted courgette and White Bean dip is easy to make and can not only be enjoyed cold but also warm.
Serve the Roasted courgette and white bean dip warm by putting some in a bowl and heating it up in the microwave or on the stovetop over medium heat. Grab some tortilla chips or any dippers of your choice and Serve the white bean dip on a platter and finally top it with your favorite toppings and enjoy !!!
After you have it on hand, you will find yourself snacking on it with carrot sticks, pita chips, topping sandwiches with it, and eating it by the spoonful straight from the fridge!
Nutritional information on White Beans
Vitamins & Minerals
In addition to providing almost half of your daily manganese requirement, butter beans are a valuable source of iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and antioxidants.
Butter beans contain protein, which is essential to the regeneration of cells, tissues, and muscles.
Butter beans are an important source of carbohydrates that provide your body with energy. Even though carbs can be found in many different foods, it is important to get most of your carbs from healthy sources.
Butter beans are particularly beneficial to your health because of their fiber content. Fiber in beans also helps to lower blood cholesterol by decreasing re-absorption in the colon. Moreover, it may also help lower your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and some types of cancer.
For further information on White Beans Nutrition, Benefits and more click here .
Ingredients needed for the roasted courgette and white bean dip
- 4 courgettes. (Sliced into chunky rounds)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil (plus extra for drizzling
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 400g Tin Cannellini beans/White beans or Butter beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp za’atar spice mix
Steps for making Roasted Courgettes and White Bean Dip
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Spread the courgettes over two baking trays.
- Drizzle with half the olive oil.
- Secondly, season the Courgette well and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and golden. (Check after 10 to 15 minutes and turn it if necessary, as the bottom tends to brown much more quickly.
- Thirdly, Blend two thirds of the roasted courgettes with the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, tahini and cannellini/butter beans until smooth and season well.
- Next, pour the mixture into a bowl and decorate with the remaining courgettes on top.
- Lastly, sprinkle over the za’atar spice , drizzle with a little extra olive oil.